Groupspace.org is now live. Welcome to all our visitors from across the world wide web. A special hello to any travelers accessing this page from FreshMeat. Register in the upper right hand corner, or skip registration and start using our forums by going to the groups page and following a link to a public group of your choice.
Archive for July, 2004
We are pleased to present the latest release of Deme. Some of the new features in v0.2.0 include:
- Users have "my groups" pages where they can see a list of all their groups that they are subscribing to.
- Users can create their own groups and have owner privledges to restrict access to groups if desired.
- Users can now post links to other web pages for viewing and discussion within a meeting area.
- Users can now upload files of any type as documents in the meeting area.
- Email announcements of new postings are now more informative.
- Meeting area code is more modular in order to aid developers in creating new item types.
- Meeting area navigation layout changed to emphasize that items are intended to be the focus of discussion in a meeting area. (In a future release, we plan to add “discussion areas” that are less item-focused and more like traditional message boards.)
Download the source to install Deme on your own server or participate in the Deme groups on our server by registering through the login in the top right hand corner of the screen (or participate without registering in the groups listed on the groups page).
This website is a co-release with the latest version of Deme. Please send feedback regarding the design of this website to the project lead, Todd Davies (davies at csli dot stanford dot edu)..